You would have probably encountered a sudden and unexpected break or interruption of operation while doing your laundry. Temporary breaks in your Whirlpool washing may result from errors and improper handling of the device.
For instance, an unclosed lid switch may cause your machine to stop working. Also, if you overload the machine with the device, it may suddenly halt operation, hindering the wash cycle. Heavy clothes, unchecked water levels, and an impaired draining system is also a factor.
When your washing machines suddenly jerk into temporary breaks during a wash cycle, resetting your Whirlpool machine can help restart the device and return it to the wash cycle.
How To Reset Your Whirlpool Washing Machine
Like other washing devices, your whirlpool machine is not insulated from minor and periodic breakdowns, halting the laundry process. It may display the error code due to the pressure, which will affect the wash cycle.
Resetting your whirlpool washing machine is a simple DIY method that helps bring a device that has suddenly stopped working back to the wash cycle. Below are ways you can use to reset your whirlpool washing machine
Disconnect Your Whirlpool Washing Machine From Power
To reset your whirlpool washing machine, the first precautionary measure is unplugging from the electricity or any other source of power. It is the most simple method of resetting your whirlpool washer. Unplugging it from power allows a steady and effortless dissipation of the electric current in your whirlpool washer, making it reset.
However, unplugging your device from power may not mean it will be successfully reset. Sometimes it may fail. If the reset fails after disconnecting it from power, take the following measures.
You would probably not have waited enough when you unplugged it from power, making it fail. Try to wait a little longer when unplugging it from power again.
NOTE: Turn off your Whirlpool washer from the control panel before you try to disconnect it from power for safety reasons.
Use Your Whirlpool Washing Circuit Breaker
Sometimes, unplugging your washer from power may not work. There is no assurance that resetting your whirlpool washing machine from disconnecting directly from power is 100% effective. If that happens, use the circuit breaker.
- Switch off the control panel of your device.
- Locate the circuit breaker that sends current directly to your washer.
- Pull down or push up the circuit breaker depending on how the switch works to switch it off.
- After that, wait for a while, preferably three minutes.
- Switch on the circuit breaker again and wait for at least thirty seconds.
- Switch on the control point of your washer again. That done, you have successfully reset your whirlpool washing machine.
Apart from disconnecting from a socket or disconnecting it through a circuit breaker, you can use buttons to reset your Whirlpool washing machine. Pressing or holding a set of buttons can help you reset your washer.
- Locate the Cancel Button and press it twice.
- Locate the power button also and press it only once
- After the above two actions, your whirlpool washing will be reset.
Use The Dial
Most Whirlpool washing machines come with a dial. It is always located in the control panel and can be used to reset the device. Follow the instructions below to reset your washer with the dial
- From the control panel, switch off your washing machine.
- Ensure that the dial is set at normal and turn it by one unit in the anti-clockwise direction
- Turn it in the clockwise direction by three units.
- Turn it again one unit in the anti-clockwise direction
- Then again to the clockwise direction by one unit
- Local your start button and press it after all the above twists and turns.
- Switch off the device from the control panel.
- After the above, the stop, wash and rinse buttons will be illuminated.
- Unplug the device and plug it back again
- Switch on the washer, and your device will be reset.
Use The Lid Switch
The Lid switch reset method is always used on whirlpool washing machines that are top-loaders. Simple opening and closing of the lid switch several times in seconds can reset your whirlpool top-loader.
- Unplug the washer from power.
- Wait for a while and connect it back to power.
- In 12 seconds, open and close the lid switch severally, preferably 6 times.
- The washer emits a short beep sound, and the control panel is illuminated. When this happens, your washer is reset.
Use the Program And Power Button
Combined use of water level, power, and program buttons can help reset your Whirlpool washing machine.
- Switch off the power button on the control and panel but don’t disconnect the washer from power.
- Hit the water level button twice while holding on to the program button.
- This lights up the control panel. Press all buttons on the control panel apart from the control button.
- After this, go to the lid and open it. Your washer emits a beep sound. In closing the is your whirlpool washing machine will be reset.
Tips On How To Care for Your Whirlpool Washing Machine
Temporary breaks in operation that may cause you to reset your device can be prevented. Interruptions during a wash cycle may be awkward. It ends the wash cycle halfway while your load is not fully processed. To avoid temporary breaks and interruptions;
- Don’t overload your device. Use optimal load for optimal performance.
- Avoid heavy clothes. If you must use them on the device, reduce the quantity.
- After loading your washer, ensure that all parts and components are set for the wash cycle
- Switch off your washer after each wash cycle and disconnect from power afterward.
- Always check and peruse through your device components for faults and impairments of any part.
- Replace worn-out and dysfunctional parts.
- Consult a technician mayor impairments and breakdowns.
When your washing machines suddenly jerk into temporary breaks during a wash cycle, simple fixes and DIY such as resetting the device can help return it to the washing cycle. When all the above-listed methods do not reset the device, you may have to consult a technician.